The employer app allows small business to track attendance and generate time reports of their employees all using one single android phone. This app turns a mobile phone into a walking console – employees check-in on the phone, and check-out on it.
Unlike other digital attendance apps which require multiple phones, or have a ton of features most businesses don’t need, the employer app is an intuitive and practical solution for all small businesses who need to track hours or days attendance for their employees.
The employer app works in a very simple manner. Employer creates an account with the app entering basic details of his business, an email address where he wants weekly, biweekly or monthly reports to be sent to and details of his employees. Each employee is identified by a code that he has to enter to checkin or check out. Everytime an employee starts work, he checks in using his code, and when he leaves work, he checks out from the app. The app does rest of the work by calculating the number of hours each employee worked and sending report of that right into the employers email. In the email, the employer can see how many hours/day each employee worked and right there generate the amount of money that he needs to pay by entering the hourly or daily pay rate.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to use the app:
- Download the employer app from Google Playstore and install it
- Sign-up for a new account. You will be required to enter your company name, and address. Further select a username for admin and a password. You will be also be given a choice of how soon you want the reports of your staff’s attendance to be sent to you via email. (this can be changed later)
- After you login, you will see the Dashboard which displays today’s date and current time.
- To start using the app for your employees, you first need to add your employees to the app:
- Click on the three dots on the right corner of your app, and click Add Employee.
- In the Add employee screen, enter details: Name, designation and phone number.
- You will be required to enter your password to confirm that only admin can add employees to the system.
- Once an employee is added, the system will generate an employee code, e.g. 160AA. This is the code that employee uses to check-in and check-out.